It’s okay to wonder what to pack in your suitcase for a surprise weekend away. Will I need a lot of clothes? Will I need few clothes? Will that be enough? Have I forgotten something? Yes, I’m sure I’ve forgotten something.
WowTrip has a few tips to help you pack your case that could come in handy. The first thing to keep in mind are the suitcase measurements. As you’ll have seen from our surprise documents, we send you the size requirements of your hand luggage. That’s why we’ll focus on what to pack in hand luggage.
Ready? We’ll start with the hard part – clothes.
Clothes to bring with you during a weekend surprise trip.
- Underwear and socks. A change of clothes for everyday + one extra just in case.
- Comfortable trousers: 2 and pick the ones you prefer. It’s not recommended to wear something for the first time during your holiday – you don’t to be uncomfortable because of your clothes.
- Tops: one for each day
- Light dress: 1 or 2 If the destination has a warm climate, this is perfect and hardly takes up any space.
- Hoodie or jumper. 1. This is always recommended, even if your surprise destination has a warm climate – it could be cold in the airport.
- Pyjamas We always recommend bringing leggings instead of pyjamas because they can be worn out if needs be.
- Footwear: 2. Always two pairs! The more we put in the case, the more we can rely on our clothes. Why? It wouldn’t be unheard for shoes to get wet, wear out or get stolen. It’s always better to be prepared.
- Coat If your surprise destination has a colder climate, you’ll need this.
- An eye mask and earplugs wouldn’t hurt either. Can you travel without them? You can use them on the plane, in the hotel, on the bus… You never know who you neighbour will be – here, you don’t even know what your surprise destination will be! However, in our hotels, you’ll sleep like a baby.
Now what? Your surprise weekend getaway toiletry bag.
It’s highly recommended to bring a transparent toiletry bag on your surprise trip if possible. It’s easy to pull straight out for when you’re going through security – it helps your security experience run much more smoothly. If you’re wondering what to bring, WowTrip has some tips for you for your surprise trip toiletry bag:
- Shampoo, shower gel or whatever you use. Always in containers of less than 100ml.
- Travel size toothpaste.
- Make-up or a comb if you use it.
- Menstrual products.
- Microfibre towel. It weighs hardly anything and takes up little space.
Lastly, our beloved first-aid kit for a surprise weekend getaway.
A little first-aid kit is always recommended even if it’s just a surprise weekend trip. You never know if you’ll need it! Among everything you need to bring, always remember:
- Little scissors. Nail clippers are also handy to have.
- Hand sanitiser. This comes in handy when we’re out seeing the sites and we can’t always wash our hands.
- Sun cream Whether it’s summer or winter. Depending on the place, the sun can be scorching.
- Insect repellent. It’s always good to have this during summer, and you might have to use it in one of our surprise summer destinations.
- Electronic devices: ebook, computer, tablet, etc.
- Food: snacks, sandwich for the plane…
- Sunglasses for that chic look.
- Rucksack for when you’re out and about in our surprise destination.
What about you? What do you think? Are you ready to pack your hand luggage that you’re bringing to your surprise destination?
If you have any questions or any comments, we’d love to hear it!